Cape Men Spring Break Fishing Tournament
Calling all Cape Men! If you love to fish or just love to just be out on the water, then this is the tournament for you!
How will this ever work? Merging saltwater and fresh water into one tournament? Blasphemy!
We have paired fish together than can compete in length. You will have 8 slots to fill with a mixture of fish species.
Here are a few new things you should know!
· All fish will be turned in via the free app & website, Tourney X: https://tourneyx.com/app/register/angler, so make sure you have a way to access it during the tournament. Make sure you download the FREE app.
· This is a length/picture tournament, so most cumulative number of inches wins. Weight doesn't matter.
· The tournament is a week long. It starts sunrise (6:30 am) of March 14th and ends at 9pm on March 20th.
· Registration is $30. You can register at https://tourneyx.com/app/tourney/cape-men-spring-break-fishing-tournament
· For you register, you need to sign up for a FREE Tourney X account. We will be adding your name and email to the tournament a couple days before open, and we will send you the password to join the tournament and your access code will be available to you the night before the tournament starts.
· Keep catching fish and submitting them through the app, we will take care of the rest.
· We do have a side prize for the biggest overall fish of ANY species, that will be separate of the 8 fish tournament. This can be a species not on the list of accepted species. Examples: Sharks, Gar, Musky, etc. Just make sure you have your Tourney X number in the picture and way to measure it! Submissions for the side prize of biggest overall fish need to be sent via email to Ddrum@capechristian.com
1. NO CHEATING!!! Cheaters take away all the fun. If caught cheating, the participant(s) will be banned from the tournament and all future tournaments. The participant will also be banned from participating in any related tournaments in the future.
2. You must follow all F.W.C. and Florida state fishing and boating regulations as you fish. Obey the law, no illegal fishing.
3. You can fish using any legal method of your choosing. By boat, wade, kayak, SUP, shore, pier, artificial, live, fly, etc. (Long lining, snag fishing, spearfishing and cast netting game fish is ILLEGAL)
4. Your specific code must be in the picture when taking your submission picture.
Where exactly should the code be placed?
Answer: Preferably on the middle of the fish. But anywhere where it doesn't affect the measurement.
5. You must use a measuring device with a bump board.
The entire fish must be in the picture.
You must show the fish from lip to tail.
Bungees, ropes, or anything may NOT be used to secure the fish to the board. Do not cover eyes, mouth, or tail If your fish is bigger than your ruler you may lay the fish on your ruler board, get a thick tape measure and butt it up against your ruler. Make sure the tail is fully extended. Please take multiple pictures for your sake. I.
Flattening out your fish tail is permitted.
Open mouths are permitted.
K. Pinching the tail is permitted, but your hand may not hold the tail pinched.
L. Lip must be touching the bump-board
M. Make sure your picture is taken directly above the fish. Do not try and angle your camera to make the fish look longer than it actually is. Let's be fair.
N. Please note, make sure we can actually see the numbers on the board. We will have to turn away fish due to participants not taking clear pictures. You can use a measuring tape or another ruler if the fish is longer than your bump board.
6. You can submit up to 8 fish.
7. You can fish more than one spot
That's the beauty of this tournament. You can fish multiple spots and days to fill your 8 slots!
8. You may only have 2 over-slot fish on the board at any given time. (This will be broken down below)
a. Why? Because this evens the playing field. You may choose to fish only salt or only fresh. You CAN fish both. That is your decision.
b. We made sure that if there is a person who wants to enter that can only fish fresh water or salt water can still compete. This is why we put a cap on the 2 over-slots.
8. Fish must be caught on rod & reel. No exception. No bow-hunting/spearing/cast-netting anything other than hook.
9. Have fun! Let's get visual Fish you may submit & Slot Requirements (2 Over-Slot Accepted)
‘Over slot' is any fish over 24”.
Remember, this tournament will be measured in inches. Not weight. You have 8 slots to fill. You must only submit fish that meet the slot requirements. Keep hunting until you catch them! You may have 2 positions on the board that can be over-slot. Again, you can keep 2 over-slot fish on the board. These slots are not local slots! If you plan on keeping fish, make sure they meet your states slot requirements!
Can I catch 6 bass, 1 flounder, & 1 Snook? Answer: Yes.
Can I catch 4 bass, 2 catfish, 1 flounder, and 1 fresh water trout? Answer: Yes.
Can I submit 8 under 24” ‘slot' red fish? Answer: Yes.
Can I submit 5 slot red fish and 3 reds over 24”? Answer: No. You may only hold 2 over-slot positions.
Go find some other slot fish or catch a bigger over-slot and replace one.
How do I replace a fish on the app? Answer: “Cull” the fish.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What happens if I forget my code in the picture? Your fish will not qualify.
Do I have to fill the two slots with the bigger over-slot fish? No. You can fill all 8 slots with 6” bluegill if you so choose.
Will I get a refund if my fish doesn't qualify? No. Keep fishing. Make sure your next fish qualifies.
What happens if my picture is blurry and you can't see my board? We will not accept the fish.
Can I use live or artificial bait? Yes! Both. Either. All. Just fish legally within your waters.
What happens if there is a tie? If there is a tie, we will place the person with the biggest single fish above. If there is still a tie, we will move to second biggest and so on. The reason for this way of judging and not by when the fish is submitted is because we understand not everyone has the opportunity to fish at the same times. We will move to the second biggest fish on the board and so on.
Are these slots my local state fishing slots? NO! Absolutely not.
What's the point of the two over-slot limit? First, the reason for the slot sizes is because we want this to be a competitive hunt! Especially since people from all around the country could participate. The two over-slot limit leaves the element of surprise, and allows for you to be able to utilize a trophy catch. But it still doesn't allow for unfair advantages of certain species, and keeps the playing field level for fisherman of all abilities and all corners of water. Strategize and execute!
PRIZES WILL GO TO THE TOP FINISHERS AND RANDOMLY SELECTED PLACES.
Prizes will include:
Custom built TIKI rod/reel combo.
2 person, 1 night stay, all inclusive stay in St. Augustine, FL.
2 person, 1 night stay on Sanibel.
2 person all inclusive charter and meal at Cabbage key.
Gift cards to Bass Pro Shops
AND MUCH MORE!
YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE MEN'S BREAKFAST ON APRIL 18TH TO RECEIVE PRIZES! If you are not present the prize will automatically be presented to the next present angler! - No exceptions.
Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Angler Stats Available
Unverified Click to view Fish
| Anglers: 6 |
Fish Caught: 55
Daily Big Fish
|Mar 14th, 2020|
|Mar 15th, 2020|
|Mar 16th, 2020|
|Mar 18th, 2020|
|Mar 19th, 2020|
|Mar 20th, 2020|