Fishing Against Cancer
The 2020 Fishing Against Cancer Tournament supports the work of the Connecticut Cancer Foundation. The tournament format for 2020 will be as follows:
- Open to anglers fishing the waters of NJ, NY, CT, RI, and MA.
- The tournament begins on August 15, 2020 at 12:01 AM and concludes on September 13, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
- Species eligible for the tournament are: Striped Bass, Bluefish, Black Seabass, Scup, and Fluke.
- Tournament registration fees will be $50 per angler.
- The tournament is a length based tournament. This format allows for catch and release if the angler desires.
- Anglers must register 24 hours in advance of their first submission to the tournament.
- Largest fish of each species will be awarded prizes as follows:
- Striped Bass: Prize Package TBA
- Bluefish: Prize Package TBA
- Black Seabass: Prize Package TBA
- Scup: Prize Package TBA
- Fluke: Prize Package TBA
- An overall Grand Prize winner will be awarded to the angler with the overall largest number of points (total inches of all species).
- The prize package for the Grand Prize is TBA.
A Technology-driven Fishing Tournament
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and our desire to run a virus safe tournament for all anglers, the Fishing Against Cancer 2020 Tournament will be run using an Online Tournament Management System (TMS). The TMS is called TourneyX and the website address is www.tourneyx.com. Each angler who wishes to participate in the Fishing Against Cancer 2020 Tournament MUST create a FREE TMS user account before the online registration cutoff date by downloading the TourneyX Pro iPhone or Android app to their smartphone.
Angler registration for the event, the payment of the tournament entry fee, and the participant's acknowledgement of the liability waiver and release, is done through www.tourneyx.com or the TourneyX Pro mobile phone app.
Important Notice to Anglers: When installing the TourneyX Pro app, you need to ensure that you enable “notifications”, “location services”, access to your phone's camera, and access to your photo library. There is a helpful video for installing the TourneyX Pro app at www.tourneyx.com/app/help
***IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS***
To register for the CCF Fishing Against Cancer Tournament please follow the steps outlined below:
NOTE: If you do not have a Paypal account, please email the Tournament Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we can sign you up manually.
About the Connecticut Cancer Foundation
The Connecticut Cancer Foundation (CCF) was founded in 1987 by Connecticut native John Ellis, former Major League Baseball player and cancer survivor, to provide economic assistance and compassionate financial aid to cancer patients and their families in his home state.
CCF is a unique organization in Connecticut, providing direct financial assistance to Connecticut cancer patients for everyday living expenses such as rent/mortgage, utilities, car payments, medical co-pays, food, medications and more.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, CCF has quietly granted over $6 million to more than 7,000 Connecticut families dealing with the financial hardships while going through cancer treatment. In addition, the CCF has donated more than $2.1 million to support ongoing cancer research at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
We are excited to host our annual Fishing Against Cancer Tournament and all funds raised through tournament entry fees will support the work of CCF.
Angler Stats Available
Unverified Click to view Fish
| Anglers: 1 |
Fish Caught: 0