WVKA Stonewall Jackson Bash
WELCOME TO OUR INAUGURAL EVENT
The STONEWALL JACKSON BASH!!!
ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT IN PUBLIC WATERS IN West Virginia on/in Stonewall Jackson Lake -or- with the boundaries of the West Fork River.
Must be back at Tournament HQ by 4:00 pm
Individual and Team Tourney Event
FREE for MEMBERS of the WEST VIRGINIA KAYAK ANGLERS FISHING CLUB... Equals to a $12.50 Entry Fee
$50.00 for Non-Members (membership fee)
INDIVIDUAL - In this division anglers compete singly. The way the Individual division is scored is simply the total of the angler’s five (5) fish total.
TEAM – This two-person team division is to help promote camaraderie among participants which shows what this pastime is all about – getting on the water with friends to have a good time!
The way the Team Angler division is scored is simply a combination of the two angler’s ten (10) fish total. Anglers don’t have to fish together, but it is encouraged that they do.
At the conclusion of the tournament, WVKA & TourneyX officials will judge and verify the submitted fish, once completed, winning competitors will be contacted for payment options.. (Paypal - or check). A tentative Payout plan is listed at www.wvkayayanglers.com
Awards are given to the top 10 % of registered Individual Anglers and Top Three (3) Teams who accumulate points based on catches (in length) of the three (3) main bass species (Largemouth, Smallmouth, Spotted) listed.
Award type (plaque, trophy, or medallion) will be base on participation levels and will be provided to the winners at the LIVE events that begin in June - or at the WVKA awards banquet event at the end of the year, in October.?
ALL WVKA MEMBERS have already or will be populated to this event... YOU DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER ... Please review the team events to double check and make sure I have you with the right teammate.
NONMEMBERS will pay a $50.00 entry fee (New Membership Fee) prior to the event via TourneyX Registration. Each angler who wishes to participate in a WVKA Must become a MEMBER
Pre-Tournament Check-in — Each angler participating (“Competitor”) at a tournament trail meetup is responsible for reviewing the schedule of events for: pre-event, check-in times and location, which are specified on each event page.
Each Competitor must check in with official WVKA Competition staff at the time and place designated in the schedule of events for verification of eligibility, signing of waivers, and rules acknowledgement.
Liability Insurance Requirement — For Meet-up Competitions, every WVKA Member is covered by event liability insurance provided by WVKA during competition days.
Captains Meeting Attendance — Official WVKA/TourneyX identifiers for meet-up Competitions are distributed at a Captains Meeting on the evening before the Competition Day. Competitors unable to attend the Captains Meeting must be at a designated check in location the morning of the tournament by 5:30 am prior to kickoff.
1) All fish entered must be caught from a kayak or other acceptable watercraft within the legal methods as stated by the WVDNR. Acceptable watercraft is defined as any watercraft defined by the manufacturer as a kayak or canoe.
2) No form of electric or gas motor is allowed. Assistance from powered boats is only allowed in the case of an emergency.
3) No live bait!! Only artificial lures may be used.
4) Wade fishing is permitted provided the Competitor uses his kayak to access the fishing location. Bass caught while wading or walking the shoreline ARE eligible for submission; however, each Competitor must be within sight of his kayak while fishing, and the kayak must appear in every bass photo submitted.
5) Only clear photos of the fish with mouth closed and tail in a natural un-pinched position will be allowed. KBF Rules apply
6) Eight (8) inch Minimum. The only acceptable measuring device is a hawg trough.
7) Each photo must contain your Tournament Event Identifier showing in the picture.
8) Fish length will be determined by the nearest 1/4" of the longest tip of the tail. KBF Rules apply
9) Catch, Photo, and Release is required. No photos of dead fish will be accepted.
10) In case of a tie the angler with the biggest fish will break the tie.
11) All WV boating and fishing laws must be followed.
12) A PFD must be worn at all times when on the water.
13) All participants must sign a waiver agreement before their first event. waiver remain in effect for the 2017 Trail.
14) All fish must be submitted to the TourneyX Tournament Management Scoring Site. ** Early Check-in — Competitors who could not or did not upload their photo submissions to TourneyX must be in Judges Check-in line at Tournament HQ by 3:00 pm to turn in their digital media (i.e., memory card), camera, or camera phone with USB cable in order for judges or tournament staff to download them to a computer and then manually upload them to TourneyX for subsequent evaluation and scoring.
Cheating of any kind will not be tolerated. If in the event a participant is caught cheating, he or she, will be disqualified and forfeit any prize/cash winnings stolen throughout the 2017 season and banned for life from WVKA. We will also notify other tournament directors and will post about the incident on every kayak fishing forum and social media outlet possible describing the incident and naming each participant who cheated. If you are not willing to comply with the above please do not fish any events of WVKA.
?All participants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, and conservation. Any use of drugs, participation in criminal activities, or other conduct reflecting unfavorably upon our efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship, fair competition, and/or compliance with tournament rules are grounds for immediate disqualification and return of any prizes awarded throughout the 2016 season.
Safe boating will be observed at all times. During competition each contestant is required to comply with all state boating and fishing laws. Tournament days may be canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to cancel will be made by Friday morning, the day before the tournament. All participants will be notified immediately via the tournament page and Facebook page.
|#14||Mike's Army Of One|
|#21||Team Nasty Cast|
|#27||Xtreme Bass Yakin|
|#29||Kupf's Keepin' It Reel|
Daily Big Fish
|Jun 17th, 2017|